Cool Stack 1.2 Released
Posted November 2, 2007on:
Finally, it’s here. We missed our October 31 deadline, but hopefully that won’t matter when you see the contents of the release.
Short summary of changes in the 1.2 release.
You can download the new packages from the Sun Download Center.
Some caveats to be aware of :
- These packages will over-write Cool Stack 1.1 packages that you may already have installed. All packages continue to install in /opt/coolstack but some of the package names have been changed. Thus, pkgadd(1M) will not know that the new CSKapache2 package will install in /opt/coolstack/apache2 and over-write the contents from a previous Cool Stack 1.1 installation of CSKamp. So, please do save your current installation. A detailed strategy to do this is defined on the Cool Stack site. Here are some other short-cuts :
- Move /opt/coolstack to /opt/coolstack1.1. Remove all the CSK* packages installed. Since the actual files in /opt/coolstack no longer exist (as you’ve moved the directory), pkgrm will do no harm but does change the system’s perception of what packages are installed. Then delete /opt/coolstack and start installing the new packages.
- Save just the files you need – typically apache2/conf directory, your php.ini file etc. Then remove all the CSK* packages and delete /opt/coolstack.
- This release was built and tested on Solaris 10. During final testing on Nevada (aka OpenSolaris or SXDE), we ran into package incompatibility issues. Some packages do not install in a straight-foward manner on OpenSolaris. Please use the work-around.
- The php dtrace extension doesn’t work. We have identified the fix and will post a patch soon.